Our certification program consists of 16 weeks of live and self-paced instruction and study, including mentoring and coaching practice.
Students can expect to spend a minimum of six hours per week on classwork, with weekly 90-minute self-paced recorded classes (via internet), hour-long live classes (via conference call), and 45 minutes of coaching practice with your classmates, as well as regular reading assignments. You will also be matched to one of our graduates for one-on-one coaching and mentoring throughout your 16-week program.
Course material includes expert presentations on fibromyalgia- and coaching-specific topics, such as:
- Current fibromyalgia science
- Medications and treatment plans
- Natural alternatives for fibromyalgia medication
- Complementary and integrative therapies
- Pacing and energy management
- Fibromyalgia-specific nutrition and exercise plans
- Gentle goal-setting and action planning
- Stress management strategies
- How to add more joy to your life
- Self-care and coping techniques
- Building a fibromyalgia Flare Survival Kit
- Relationship building for clients and providers
- Connecting with your Ideal Client
Whether you want to build your own Fibromyalgia Coaching business, incorporate Fibromyalgia Coaching into your existing profession or learn skills to improve your own fibromyalgia symptoms, our certification program will help you meet your goals.
Certificate completion requires full participation in weekly coaching practice, completion of recorded classes and reading assignments, and completion of a final exam and interview with a passing grade.
I sometimes listened to class while I was eating dinner in my pajamas, sitting in a parking lot, or driving my car. The recordings also helped when I had brain fog or family activities. You really made this program do-able for Fibro Warriors. Most of the homework assignments are completed at your own pace — and we had such a supportive group of classmates!
— Melissa Swanson, Certified Fibromyalgia Advisor
The minimum system requirements for participation are as follows: