The Sherri Little
Fibromyalgia Coaching Scholarship
The Sherri Little Fibromyalgia Coaching Scholarship was created by the Institute’s founder, Tami Stackelhouse. Jump directly to the application here.
Sherri Little was a personal friend and client of Tami’s. When Sherri passed away in July 2015, after a lifelong battle with chronic pain, she left behind coaching sessions that she was unable to use. Through the many conversations they had, Tami knew that Sherri would want these sessions to be used to help women who otherwise wouldn’t be able to afford coaching.
Since this scholarship was created, many people have donated money, time, and some of their coaching sessions to help keep Sherri’s legacy alive. If you are interested in donating to the scholarship fund, please contact us. Scholarship recipients receive three coaching sessions at a “pay-what-you-can” price. You can learn more about Sherri at SherriLittle.org.
Coaching Scholarship FAQs
Why is this a “pay-what-you-can” scholarship?
We have found that clients get more out of their sessions when they have something invested. In other words, what you get out of your sessions is directly related to what you put into them. In addition, this will allow Sherri’s legacy to touch more lives. As part of your scholarship application, you will indicate how much you can pay.
Who is eligible for the scholarship?
This scholarship is open to anyone with fibromyalgia who has limited financial resources.
When and where will the coaching take place?
Scholarship recipients will work with their Coach or Advisor to select the best time and frequency for their one-on-one sessions. Sessions are typically held once per week, are 45 minutes in length, and generally occur by phone.
How do I apply?
To apply for this scholarship:
- Fill out the form below.
- Provide a letter of recommendation. This can be written by anyone who knows you well enough to describe why you are a good candidate (healthcare provider, friend, co-worker, family member, etc.). This can be uploaded in the form below, or you may contact us to email or FAX the letter.
- Finalists will be contacted for a phone interview before the final scholarships are awarded.
What else do I need to know?
- All components of the application must be submitted for the application to be reviewed.
- Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Scholarships are awarded when coaching resources are available. When coaching resources are not available, applicants may be put on a waiting list.
Photo of Sherri by Milly Velez. Used with permission. All rights reserved.