Congratulations! You are taking a great step towards feeling better!
Consultations are 60-90 minutes. Please choose the level of experience you feel is the best fit for your situation. Please note that our student sessions fill up very quickly. If you do not see any student times available, consider scheduling with a fully trained Certified Fibromyalgia Coach®.
What is the investment to work with a coach?
It really depends on what you need and which coach you choose. Every coach has their own independent business, as well as different options to help you get better.
As a general rule, fibromyalgia coaching is similar to other fibromyalgia treatment options:
- Working with a student coach is similar to seeing a student at a massage school, medical school, dental school, etc.
- Working with a Certified Fibromyalgia Coach® is similar to working with a chiropractor, acupuncturist, massage therapist, counselor, doctor, etc.
- Working with Tami is similar to working with a fibromyalgia specialist and paying out-of-pocket.
What can I expect after working with a coach?
Research has shown that after working with a general health and wellness coach for one year, fibromyalgia patients reduced the severity of their pain by almost one third, cut the overall impact of pain on their lives almost in half, and reduced their overall doctor visits (and the expense of those visits) down to just 15% of what they were before coaching. These patients also had a 35% reduction in their Fibromyalgia Impact Questionnaire (FIQR) score. (You can think of the FIQR as a measurement of the severity of their fibromyalgia symptoms.)
The bottom line? Patients had less pain, saved money, and were better able to live their lives after coaching.
And working with a Certified Fibromyalgia Coach® gets even better results!
Students working with a Certified Fibromyalgia Coach® through our Certified Fibromyalgia Advisor® program improve their FIQR scores approximately 50% on average, in just three months. These are averages, of course, so some improve more and some improve less. How much you can improve will depend on several factors, such as other diagnoses and conditions, available resources and support, and more.
Learn more about the research and results of coaching as a treatment option for fibromyalgia here.
Do coaches take insurance? How about my HSA or Flex Spending Visa?
In general, coaches cannot take insurance, but it may be possible for you to use your Health Care Spending Account. Each account is different on what they allow, so you’ll need to do some checking on your end.
If your HSA covers working with a coach, here are the steps to take:
- First, you’ll need to have your doctor write you a “prescription” saying that working with a coach would be helpful. (If your doctor wants to chat with us about what we do, just have them contact us.)
- You will then pay your coach directly and your coach will provide you with a receipt. Unfortunately, your coach cannot bill your HSA Visa directly. (Their rules, not ours.)
- Finally, you will submit your receipt to your HSA or FSA for reimbursement.