One More Question...
We have several levels of coaching available. Make your selection below to see our available coaches and schedule your consultation. Additional information can be found in our FAQs below...
"*" indicates required fields
What is the investment to work with a coach?
It really depends on what you need and which coach you choose. Each student and coach is their own independent business and offers different options to help you get better.
As a general rule, fibromyalgia coaching would be similar to other fibromyalgia treatment options:
- Working with a student coach is similar to seeing a student at a massage school, medical school, dental school, etc.
- Working with a Certified Fibromyalgia Coach® is similar to working with a chiropractor, acupuncturist, massage therapist, counselor, doctor, etc.
- Working with Tami is similar to working with a fibromyalgia specialist and paying out-of-pocket.
What can I expect after working with a coach?
Research has shown that after working with a general health and wellness coach for one year, fibromyalgia patients reduced the severity of their pain by almost one third, cut the overall impact of pain on their lives almost in half, and reduced their overall doctor visits (and the expense of those visits) down to just 15% of what they were before coaching. These patients also had a 35% reduction in their Fibromyalgia Impact Questionnaire (FIQR) score. (You can think of the FIQR as a measurement of the severity of their fibromyalgia symptoms.)
The bottom line? Patients had less pain, saved money, and were better able to live their lives after coaching.
And working with a Certified Fibromyalgia Coach® gets even better results!
Students working with a Certified Fibromyalgia Coach® through our Certified Fibromyalgia Advisor® program improve their FIQR scores approximately 50% on average, in just three months. These are averages, of course, so some improve more and some improve less. How much you can improve will depend on several factors, such as other diagnoses and conditions, available resources and support, and more.*
Do coaches take insurance? How about my HSA or Flex Spending Visa?
In general, our coaches cannot take insurance, but it may be possible for you to use your Health Care Spending Account or Flex Spending Account (HSA or FSA). Each HSA or FSA account is different on what they allow, so you’ll need to do some checking on your end.
If your HSA or FSA covers working with a coach, here are the steps to take:
- First, you’ll need to have your doctor write you a “prescription” saying that working with a coach would be helpful. (If your doctor wants to chat with us about what we do, just have them contact us.)
- You will then pay your coach directly and your coach will provide you with a receipt. Unfortunately, your coach cannot bill your HSA Visa directly. (Their rules, not ours.)
- Finally, you will submit your receipt to your HSA or FSA for reimbursement.